Wednesday, May 12
The Twelve Steps of Overserious Anonymous
1. We admitted that we were powerless over seriousness--that our lives had become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that only by lightening up could we achieve a state of non-seriousness.
3. Made a decision to turn our constant self-criticism over to our sense of humor and learn to--lovingly and wholeheartedly--laugh at ourselves.
4. Decided to give ourselves a break once in a while, instead of constantly doing searching and fearless moral inventories of ourselves.
5. Admitted to ourselves and another human being that our wrongs were often in our heads.
6. Were entirely ready to accept that our characters were as good as anybody else's and possibly better than most.
7. Quit harping on our shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all persons we thought we had harmed and saw that they'd forgotten all the crap we'd blown out of proportion.
9. Quit making amends for breathing air and taking up a few square feet of the planet's surface.
10. Resigned ourselves to the fact we were going to criticize ourselves at times, but would try to stick to our guns when we knew we were right.
11. Sought through meditation to calm down and realize we're not responsible for everything.
12. Having experienced immense relief from these steps, we would try to carry this message to other overly-serious people and to practice these principles in all of our affairs.
This is a site aimed at those with a substance abuse problem.
Be it alcohol or dope or both. Sober or not.
It is also a secular site. God, Jesus, or any H.P. is not required. Although people that do require such things are very much welcome.
It is also an adult oriented site, as such, adult language will be encountered.